2022 Irish Academy of Management (IAM) Annual Conference,
Trinity College Dublin
We are delighted to announce that the 2022 Irish Academy of Management Conference will be hosted by Trinity College Dublin August 24th and 25th 2022. The conference will be co-chaired by Dr Na Fu and Dr Paul Ryan.
The conference is planned as an in person event, however in line with Government guidelines this will be reviewed on a regular basis. We look forward to your participation in this year’s conference.
If you have any questions relating to the conference, please email us at email@example.com
Reenergising Management for a Greater Future
In the past few years, we have lived through times of great change in the ways we work and how we live. As management scholars and practitioners, we aspire to continuous development to change society for a greater future. It’s now time for us to come together to consider ways to reenergise individuals like us, organisations and society as well as to discuss solutions to the great challenges of
our time, such as remote working, wellbeing, digital transformation, sustainability etc. The Irish Academy of Management Annual Conference 2022, hosted by Trinity Business School, Trinity College Dublin, is inviting academic scholars, research students (Masters, PhD, DBA and other relevant doctorates) and practitioners to submit papers and case studies for presentation under the conference theme: Reenergising Management for a Greater Future.
Important Dates and Deadlines :
• Full Paper Submission: 22 July 2022
• Registration Deadline for paper presenters: 31 July 2022
• Conference: 24 – 25 August 2022
In addition to the keynote speeches and paper presentations, the conference will also feature: • Doctoral Colloquium convened by Maynooth University Business School Scholars: Dr Christina O’Connor, Dr Edward O’Connor, and Dr Steven McCartney • Early Career Workshop chaired by Professor Anne Keegan (University College Dublin) • IAM Special Interest Groups Sessions • Meeting with the Editors chaired by Dr Kristel Miller (Ulster University) and Dr Jonathan Lavelle (University of Limerick)
Marianne W. Lewis, Dean and Professor of Management, Carl H. Lindner College of Business
Marianne W. Lewis, PhD, is dean and professor of management at the Carl H. Lindner College of Business University of Cincinnati. Previously, she has served as dean of the Cass Business School, City, University of London and as a UK Fulbright. A thought leader in organizational paradoxes, she is among the world’s top 1% most-cited researchers in her field (Web of Science). Her research explores tensions and competing demands surrounding leadership and innovation. She applies her paradox lens across such diverse contexts as product development, organizational change, governance and technology implementation. Lewis has earned numerous teaching and research awards throughout her academic career. Her work appears in such journals as the Harvard Business Review, Academy of Management Journal, Organization Science, and Journal of Operations Management. Lewis earned her MBA from the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University and PhD from the Gatton College of Business and Economics at the University of Kentucky.
In addition to the keynote speeches and paper presentations, the conference will also feature:
Doctoral Colloquium convened by University of Limerick and Maynooth University Business School Scholars: Dr Christina O’Connor, Dr Edward O’Connor, and Dr Steven McCartney. Click here for more information.
Early Career Workshop chaired by Professor Anne Keegan (University College Dublin) click here for more information.
IAM Special Interest Groups Sessions
Meeting with the Editors chaired by Dr Kristel Miller (Ulster University) and Dr Jonathan Lavelle (University of Limerick) click here for more information.
Registration will open in May - see below for Conference Registration Fees
Submissions are invited from academic scholars, research students (Masters, PhD, DBA and other relevant doctorates) and practitioners in management areas, including:
The Main Conference Tracks are as follows with future track information available here.
1. Accounting, Finance and Corporate Governance chaired by Dr Neil Dunne (Trinity College Dublin) and Dr Martha O’Hagan Luff (Trinity College Dublin)
2. Education, Teaching and Learning chaired by Professor Margaret Linehan (Munster Technological University)
3. Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management chaired by Dr Shirley Davey (Ulster University) and Dr Simon Stephens (Letterkenny Institute of Technology)
4. Work, Employment & Organisation chaired by Professor Brian Harney (Dublin City University) and Dr Jean McCarthy (University of Limerick)
5. CSR, Business Ethics and Sustainability chaired by Dr Daniel Malan (Trinity College Dublin)
6. Leadership & Organisational Behaviour chaired by Dr Ultan Sherman (University College Cork) and Associate Professor Lisa van der Werff (Dublin City University)
7. Strategy and International Business chaired by Dr Donal O’Brien (Technological University Dublin)
8. Technology and Innovation Management chaired by Dr Gillian Barrett (University College Cork) and Dr Claire Mc Bride (Technological University Dublin)
9. Marketing and Services Management chaired by Dr Grace Carson (Queen’s University Belfast) and Dr Xiaoning Liang (Trinity College Dublin)
10. Healthcare and Public Sector Management chaired by Dr Teresa O’Hara (Technological University of the Shannon)
Conference Registration Fees
There are limited rooms available, however, there are a selection of rooms available at Trinity College Summer Accommodation.